Wednesday, 8 April 2009

Day 2 - London Sight-seeing

Today, after a full day of e-mails & phone calls (trying to get those last few gigs confirmed), and a really long nap (jet lag is tough) Gus & I headed out to finally see a little bit of the London scenery. My first tube ride!!





I love the tube & feel immediately at home. Actually, the tube cars, with their soft cushioned couches, are probably more comfy than my living room. Our first stop … Big Ben!


What a beautiful site at night with just a touch of fog for drama! We walked across a few bridges over the river Tames and got several views of the London Eye, a huge ferris wheel that lights up at night.




We didn’t get to ride the London Eye but I was nice to just look at it. We missed dinner & the only food we could find was at the Fishcotech. Silbin had his 2nd fish fry & I finally got some chips. Yummy!


Day 3 - More sights!!

Today, we got to London much earlier. I felt the sting of being a tourist after changing money in the train station. It cost me about a 12 pound fee!! Silbin eased my pain with a Cadbury chocolate bar (tasty) and a walk to our first stop, Buckingham Palace.


It didn’t look very palace like to me. I did get a kick out of the guards in those crazy hats. The scenery around the palace was beautiful.




Two parks with flowers and lots of locals enjoying the sunny day. We walked to Piccadilly Circus (Times Squareish) and to my horror, saw a poster of Kelly Osbourne in Chicago! Yikes! Silbin was eve more disturbed earlier when he saw Iggy Pop advertising for an insurance company. What has the world come to? Anyway, we saw the Odeon, Palace Theatre, China Town, and lots of other hot spots. We decided to eat in China Town and I had my first Mai Tai! Not my last…very tasty. After dinner, we walked to the London Tower and took n the beautiful London Bridge. We tried to get a pint at the …. Pub (a noose hangs over the bar) but they were done serving for the night … 10:30 Saturday night!! Another full day in London :)

No comments:

Post a Comment